Wednesday, March 16

Moss Monogram

So I know I promised lots of good stuff this week, but my Internet has been out. I am so excited it is finally fixed so can I start showing you some fun stuff!

I have no idea why, but I feel like Pottery Barn can make the strangest things AMAZING! I could see the ugliest thing, but if I flipped it over and saw those two little words....It would be love at first second sight.

I also love anything to do with a monogram and I have might have a bit of an obsession with the letter "H".

Soo...With that being said, who would have thought a moss covered initial would be so wonderful?!


(Picture is from Pottery Barn.)

I think this picture says it all. It is so relaxing to look at. There is just something wonderful about having something "living" in your home. I feel like every house needs some kind of plant inside. It breaks up the stuffiness and makes it feel more down-to-earth. (Pun TOTALLY intended! ha!) The only thing that I don't like about that picture is the price tag! That big green beautiful moss-covered letter is a whopping $79.00! Yikes! I mean it is "alive", but not worth $79.

This weekend I decided to make my own moss-covered letter. Mine isn't living, but it still gives off the same vibe as a living plant.



Moss Covered Letter Tutorial

These are the supplies you will need:
  • Moss Roll
  • Floral Moss
  • Wooden Letter
  • Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
  • Newspaper (It gets a little messy!)
  • Two picture hangers
***WARNING: You will have battle scars from this project! The hotglue is not very forgiving......



The first thing I did was cut the moss role to fit the straight parts of the letter and then hot glued it. Like this:


After I did that, I flipped the letter over and trimmed the access off of the edges. Once that was finished, I started to run a hot glue line across the edge of the letter and pile the loose floral moss onto it. (*This is where you will might get burnt!) Like this:


Once I went around the edges of the letter, I started to pile the loose floral moss onto the front to cover up the seams from the moss roll. I didn't have a method, I kind of did it sporadically so it looked more natural. I just dotted hot glue and then sprinkled the moss on top.


After I was finished, I attached the picture hangers. I just simply hot glued one on each side of the top.


Once the hot glue was dry, it was ready to hang!


I decided to hang it in the guest bathroom for now. I'm not so sure I like it there, so I may end up moving it! But, still I like it! It is a lot more green in person. Whatcha think?

Are you ready for the price break down?!

I had everything on had, but the moss and the letter.I got the letter from Hobby Lobby. It was $1.99 and I used a 40% off coupon. It ended up being $1.19. I got both of the moss things from the Dollar Tree.

Total Cost: $3.19

I think that price is much better than $79!

I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment